Carlos Cortinhas finished his Economics PhD in June 2007. He studied at the University of Exeter, under the supervision of John Maloney, Malcolm Macmillen and Nigar Hashimzade. Before coming to Exeter, he completed his Masters at Kobe University, Japan, under the supervision of Shoji Nishijima. Aside from academia, Carlos has previously worked in banking (for the Industrial Bank of Japan, Tokyo) and in government institutions (for the Ministry for the Economy and Innovation, Portugal).
- Associate Dean of Education
- Member, Undergraduate Student Staff Liaison Committee
- Member, BA Economics and Politics Board of Studies
- BsC (Minho), MsC (Kobe), PhD (Exeter)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy