The GRLI Ambassador community is composed of dedicated young people below the age of 35 who embrace the GRLI’s vision and are committed to sustainable human progress. Ambassadors are students and young professionals from across the world - anybody interested in the GRLI’s work can become a member. The Ambassador community serves as incubator for new ideas, implements projects and raises awareness among peers. As such, the Ambassador community represents a crucial stakeholder group of the GRLI. Ambassadors coordinate their work through various online channels and meet twice a year at GRLI General Assemblies.
The next GRLI Ambassadors gathering of the GRLI will take place @ the 15th General Assembly in Oulu. More info here.Application form can be dowloaded here and sen to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 March 2014
Check out what happened at previous GRLI Ambassador meetings:
The need for new models of responsible leadership has never been greater. Globalisation moves on apace – business, social media, travel and consumption patterns are all making the world a more interconnected place. At the same time, increasing environmental destruction, social conflict and economic instability show that our old models of leadership are unsustainable for the medium and long term. New ways of leadership have to be found that allow us to develop sustainably - meeting the needs of current generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
The GRLI Ambassadors (students in higher education and young managers and entrepreneurs under 35 years from across the world) are key stakeholders of the GRLI. GRLI Ambassadors form the GRLI Engagement Framework and stand at the basis of the GRLI Global Community of Action.
GRLI Ambassadors are an inside-out or bottom-up way of changing existing, neo-classic business and business education through changing students needs for business education towards more responsible and sustainable behaviours.
The GRLI Ambassadors are one of the driving forces of the GRLI mission and the 50+20 Agenda. They share the principles of GRLI and stand for the following:
- Practicing sustainable and responsible leadership, both towards the global society and the environment;
- Transforming business and management education worldwide from preparing the best leaders not in the world, but FOR the world;
- Serving as role models of responsible / sustainable leadership for young people all over the world;
- Respecting the limits of the planet.
- Change agent
“Each one teach one” (every ambassador will try to bring at least one more young person into the communit)
- The 50+20 Agenda: Help educate and "breed" a different and decent type of business people (managers, leaders, everyday-business-women/men, researchers, etc.), who are aware of their actions' impact on the surrounding society / environment and improve it for the benefit of the society (human development) and environment.
- Fostering interconnectivity and Whole Person Learning
- Spread our mission more to students
- Fund raising through local activities and GRLI support
- Building a Community of Responsible Action (CORA) - We now have four years experience of working with next generation global leaders. An international community is beginning to emerge and we will want to support it to strengthen and expand.
- Establishing an Innovation Cohort– Over the past four years we have identified a core group of individuals who embody emerging approaches to global leadership – at the level of both head and heart. We will work with these and others to establish a cohesive group exploring innovative approaches to global leadership.
- Shake the World Projects – Through this growing global Community we will establish, prototype and disseminate a small number of practical projects that explore the cutting edge of global responsibility.