GRLI’s Milestones and Achievements
In its short period of existence the GRLI has had many achievements based on its mission and commitment to developing a next generation of responsible leaders:
- Publishing “A Call For Action” (December 2008) on the issue of global responsibility and the challenges of creating a new generation of globally responsible leaders;
- With the publishing of “A Call For Engagement” (November 2005), GRLI will remain a thought leader on the issue of global responsibility and the challenges of creating a new generation of globally responsible leaders;
- Bringing the phrase “Global Responsibility” into the international business vocabulary as an expression of the role of business in society that is far beyond traditional corporate social responsibility;
- Creating the platform from which many GRLI partners have presented the message and challenge of Global Responsibility in dozens of forums and organisations around the world;
- Scoring notable successes in terms of change within a number of GRLI partner organisations;
- Spurring the United Nations Global Compact’s to launch the Principle for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative and participating in its governance;
- Building a strong global community connected by shared values and a profound sense of the need to see change in business education, increasing the reach of GRLI, in an inclusive and progressive process.
- Since the beginning, focussed on thought leadership regarding the Company of Tomorrow/The Corporation of the 21st Century;
- Continuous development of learning methodology – “Whole Person Learning”;
- Launching new programmes and curricula in companies and schools.