Overview of GRLI AGM 2015
The GRLI community’s annual gathering for 2015 will be hosted by The New School in New York City. The New School was founded by forward-thinking educators in 1919 to defy the intellectual constraints of traditional college education. As The New School approaches its centennial, it remains on the cutting edge—attracting active scholars, artists, and pacesetters who deploy creativity and innovation to challenge the status quo.
The week’s programme centers around our 2015 “All Gathering Momentum” meeting on 21 and 22 June where GRLI initiatives, the introduction of new board members and preparation for our participation in the Global Forum (23-24 June) will be on the agenda.
The purpose of the GRLI AGM is to facilitate an environment in which Partners, Members and Associates may:
- Connect and reconnect with each other, the vision and mission of the GRLI and the activities which support and promote Globally Responsible Leadership
- Influence and shape –and learn from the contexts in which we operate and in which we develop and practice being globally responsible
- Inform, update and engage in key activities and possibilities
With GRLI moving to a cycle of 1 major event per year and a series of smaller networking and project meetings linked to events on the calendars of EFMD, AACSB and others, this is a not-to-be-missed meeting for Partners, Members, Associates and friends of GRLI.
Registration and costs
- Kindly note that registration fees for the GRLI AGM are cost covering. The GRLI is not able to fund costs of travel or lodging for participants.
- Registration is facilitated using the Eventbrite system which requires payment by credit card. If you are for some reason not able to register using a credit card please contact email@example.com to arrange an alternative payment method.
- GRLI partners, members and associates pay €230 per individual. This fee covers materials, participation in the AGM on 21 and 22 June (including both dinners, lunch on the 22nd as well as refreshments during the event). Interested non-members may participate as well at €330 per individual.
- Participation in the 2015 Global Forum for Responsible Management Education requires separate registration. If you have not received an invitation from PRME for the Global Forum event please inform the GRLI to arrange an invitation.
GRLI participants that plan to participate in the Global Forum later in the week are advised to stay in one of the hotels closer to the Financial District and to avail of the PRME’s Hotel recommendations.
Those only staying for the GRLI AGM are advised to book at Washington Square Hotel or to book one of the dormitory rooms at The New School’s University Centre (65 Fifth Avenue, New York). These have been made available at $250 per person based on double occupancy (for 5 nights, no availability before or after the conference) from 20-25 June. The rooms can only be offered to participants of the GRLI AGM. To enquire about availability please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Rooms in NYC 20-25 June”.
Program on 21 & 22 June
Sunday 21 June – The New School University Center (65 Fifth Avenue, New York)
|14.00 – 15.00||2015/2016 Innovation Cohort Bonus Session||A briefing session for prospective participants of the next innovation cohort. This session is open to any registered attendees of the 2015 AGM. Please indicate in the pre-event survey (sent out to the registered attendees) if you wish to attend this bonus session.|
|15.00 – 17.00||2014 Innovation Cohort Pre-AGM check-in||Open to registered attendees of 2015 AGM that participated in the 2014 Innovation Cohort. For more information please contact meeting coordinator Mark Reno or e-mail email@example.com.|
|17.30 – 19.00||2015 AGM Opening.
“Human Being in New York”
|Opening and introductions to set the scene for our work at the AGM and during the remainder of the week in New York. The theme of our opening session is a reference to the photography project Humans of New York which took social media channels by storm recently.|
|19.00 – 19.30||Travel (by bus or metro) to restaurant venue. Participants will be issued with Metro cards but will be responsible for finding their own way back to hotels.|
|19.30||AGM opening dinner at Merchants River House|
Monday 22 June – The New School UC (65 Fifth Avenue, New York)
|08.30||Welcomes||Dr Mary Watson – Executive Dean, The New School
Prof Dennis Hanno – Chair of GRLI Board
|AGM: People and Process||Claire Maxwell – Chair of GRLI Guardians|
|New Board Members and Viewing Points||Prof Dennis Hanno – Chair of GRLI Board and new Board members|
|GUTS “Getting Up To Speed” session and GRLI update||John North leads an update on GRLI’s work, operations and impact since the 2014 AGM|
|GRLI in Focus||The Guardian group introduces (in plenary) a discussion about recent learnings from within the partnership and opportunities for corporate engagement.|
|GRLI in Focus (continued)||The session continues in small group format.|
|12.20||GRLI in Focus: Debrief||A short debrief in plenary to inform post-lunch meetings.|
|12.30||Lunch||Note it is a 7 min walk to our lunch venue.|
|13.30||Connect and Contribute – GRLI Community Working Space||Following a short post-lunch plenary various GRLI initiatives and developments will be introduced and participants will have an opportunity to contribute. Planned sessions include:
|16.00 – 17.00||Closing Plenary|
|19.00||AGM Closing Dinner (Venue to be announced)|
Program from 23 to 25 June
23 to 24 June – 1 Chase Plaza, New York, NY (near Wall Street)
25 June – UN General Assembly Hall
From 23-25 June the GRLI will play an active role in the 2015 Global Forum for Responsible Management Education – an event which requires separate registration. If you have not received an invitation from PRME for the Global Forum event please inform the GRLI to arrange an invitation.
|23 / 24 June||2015 Global Forum for Responsible Management Education||
|25 June||Global Compact+15: Business as a force for good.||